- Electrical faults before they cause a fire;
- Overloaded and undersized circuits;
- Circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement;
- Missing, damaged, and/or wet insulation;
- Heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors, water;
- Moisture intrusion that could lead to mold;
- Possible pest infestation;
- Hidden roof leaks, before they cause serious damage;
- Air conditioner compressor leaks;
- Under fastening and/or missing framing members;
Thermal Bridging – Lack of Insulation
- Structural defects;
- Broken seals in double pane windows;
- Energy loss and efficiency;
- Dangerous flue leaks;
- Damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems;
- Unknown plumbing leaks;
- Cracks and Water Ingress into Asphalt Roads; and
- Overheated equipment.
Facilities can develop faults which cannot be seen by the naked eye, but with a trained Beryl professional using a thermal imaging camera these problems become easier to identify. Predictive maintenance helps with the cost avoidance of a failure causing an unscheduled shut-down. Unscheduled shut-downs may happen if the faults go undetected too long.
Water Damaged Wall
Electrical Gear Predictive Maintenance
- Loose Connections;
- Fuse Inspection;
- Bus Bar Corrosion; and
- Overloaded Fuses.
Mechanical Equipment Predictive Maintenance:
- Detecting Heat Transfer and Heat Loss;
- Verification of Insulation and Temperature Gradients;
- Solid Buildups in Transfer Piping;
- Leaks in Transfer Pipes;
- Breakdown of Transfer Pipe Lining;
- Failing Shaft Bearings;
- Failing Roller Bearings;
- Failing Fan Motors;
- Flare Monitoring; and
- Hot Spot Detection.
The colorful infrared images can then be included in the inspection report providing supporting documentation to the report. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Beryl’s principal is both a verifiable member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors and an Infrared-Certified Professional.